Thank you for all the love you showered for the previous post of mine. Sometimes it’s hard to guess what the reader wants but I think sharing stories of wonderful books can never go wrong! So here I am with yet another book review for all of you. Honestly, I did not know how many books I have stocked up until the lockdown.
I am thinking of writing book reviews every weekend. Do comment if you like the sound of it and on which book you would like a review on 🙂
This time writing a review for the Book called “Attitude is everything” by Jeff Keller.
Now the premise of the entire book lies in the title. “Attitude is everything and it can change your life for good or for worse. It just depends on which side you want to choose.” The book contains concepts that are known to us all but unfortunately, most of us tend to ignore them, thus feeling unsatisfied in whatever we do.
In this book, the author explains his journey of personal realization that he can change his life by changing his attitude. It shows his journey from being an unsatisfied lawyer to an amazing motivational speaker. The book is broadly divided into three parts – THINK, SPEAK, and ACT which I would explain further. Also, this book has some of the most amazing quotes.
Success is a state of Mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success – Dr. Joyce Brothers
It is a small book with 12 Lessons. Sharing few very interesting concepts mentioned by the author that each one of us can try in our lives 🙂
PS: All rights reserved by the Author “Jeff Keller” – This is just a review and few helping points for the readers!
PART 1 – Success Begins in the Mind
- Comparison of attitude to a Window to the world
- Consider a child who is learning to walk. The child stumbles and falls down multiple times but does not quit. He just smiles, gets up, and tries again. But as we grow up, our clean window as a child is smeared by criticisms, rejections, self-doubt, and disappointments. It is important that we clean our window every now and then to see the magnificent opportunities that life has to offer
- Each one of us is a Human Magnet
- A famous writer once said – “Whether you think you can – or think you can’t – you’re right“. This beautiful quote by Henry Ford has so much depth! Jeff emphasizes the need to think positive. But it’s important to continue thinking positive. You would attract positivity if you think and speak positively every day
- Picturing Success
- The author expresses the need to visualize your success to become successful. You have control over the picture that occupies your mind. You must have faced criticisms in your life, but it’s all about keeping a positive outlook and choosing to learn and grow from the errors made rather than sitting and feeling worthless
- Make a commitment
- The author refers to a book entitled ” Ultimate Secret to Getting Absolutely Everything you want, by Mike Hernacki”. According to Mike, the key o getting what you want is “WILLINGNESS to do whatever it takes” to accomplish your objective. (PS: Nothing unethical or Illegal). Jeff urges the readers to think if we would take that leap and do everything it takes to become successful. As the famous saying goes: Where there is a WILL there is a WAY!
- Turning Problems into Opportunities
- The author mentions how adversity gives us an opportunity to introspect and rise like a phoenix from its ashes. Adversity helps us to be grateful and encourages us to make changes and take action. As they say – Failures and Mistakes are the Best Teachers. Now, this is a reference to point number 2 – Always think Positive
PART 2 – WATCH YOUR WORDS
- Your words Blaze a Trail
- There is a dominos effect to our thoughts. You speak what you think. The more you say something strengthens your belief in it. Now this belief determines our actions and leads us to our results. Now, if we start thinking positively, we would start talking positively which would reinforce our faiths in ourselves and our achievements leading us to take the best actions for us and helping us to reap success.
- How are you?
- Now, this is the most interesting topic. A simple question can determine your thoughts. The responses to this question can be negative, mediocre, or positive. Replying to this simple question positively can brighten up not just yours but someone else’s mood as well
- Stop Complaining
- The author says that one should not complain about anything and everything under the sky regularly. The more you complain, the more it reinforces your thoughts and it diverts you from constructive actions you could be taking to improve your situation/life. No one can sit back and ignore their problems in life. However, one can focus his/her attention to solve the problems instead of cribbing over it
PART 3 – HEAVENS HELPS THOSE WHO ACT
- Associate with Positive People
- It is rightly said that ” We become a part of what we are around“. The more time you spend with a person, the more likely you would be affected by how he/she thinks. If you are surrounded by Positive people, you would start thinking positively yourself and they will help lift you up the ladder of success. But if you hang out with people who think negatively and always crib – you would end up doing the same. So one must CHOOSE HIS FRIENDS WISELY 🙂
- Confront your fears and grow
- To achieve success and grow to your potentials it is imperative to step out of one’s comfort zone. If you run away from your fears it will only bring you frustration and unhappiness. Life does not reward those who refuse to expose themselves to challenges. So for winning, it is important to take actions despite the fear
- Get out there and Fail
- Now referring to the first point the author mentioned one must not give up even after failing multiple times. One must be persistent in achieving their goals and becoming successful. If you are not getting success then you must ask yourself the right questions like “Am I truly committed”, or “Do I have too many discouraging influences?”, or “Am I preparing to succeed”, or “Am I truly willing to fail” etc. If you make your business to learn from every defeat and stay focussed on the end result, then you will eventually succeed
- Networking that Gets Results
- Quoting Zig Zagler “You can get everything in life you want if you’ll just help enough other people get what they want“. The author shares the importance of networking in day to day life in this chapter. He divides the concept into 4 categories namely – Attitude and Action, Referrals, Communication and Follow Up
He concludes by asking the readers to take Control of their lives and asks us to apply these principles in our lives to develop our incredible potential and succeed in our lives.
According to me, this book is a tiny guide to help you scratch through those basic concepts that all of us are aware of but hardly follow. This book is a must read and all the said principles can be followed by each one of us to succeed in our lives 🙂
Few Parting Notes: You cannot expect tremendous changes in a day. You will still face multiple challenges and your faith in yourself will be tested. It is all about how you face those challenges and how you keep your ATTITUDE in check.
So that’s it from my side for today. STAY POSITIVE and BE AMAZING!